1) What does this Policy Cover?
• sets out the principles Cathis follow when collecting, using, disclosing and storing personal information; and
• describes other important topics relating to an individual’s privacy.
By using or accessing any of Cathis’ websites and/or services you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
2) What personal information do we collect and why?
The type of personal information that Cathis may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction and the dealing. Normally the personal information collected by Cathis may include an individual’s:
• name, title, age, address;
• telephone number;
• email address and online passwords;
• records of communications with Cathis;
• credit card or debit card information;
website and service usage information.
Cathis collects the personal information it needs for the primary purpose of:
• providing services and information to customers and for its business operations, and which may be undertaken to third parties;
• responding to customer queries;
• assessment and analysis of its market, customers, products and services;
• maintain and develop its business systems;
• marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
• maintaining and improving its website.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
3) How do we use personal information?
Cathis will generally use your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you (or otherwise as required or authorised by law).
For the primary purposes we have described, you agree that we may disclose your personal information:
• to any company within the Cathis group (which includes our related companies)
• to our suppliers, contractors, dealers, agents, business partners and other third parties who help us deliver a website, service or product to you;
• where you have otherwise consented;
• or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of your personal information.
Cathis does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
4) Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Cathis website or use an application on the website, Cathis may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Cathis also uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Cathis website Cathis, but may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Links from other websites
5) Accuracy of personal information
Cathis will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Cathis recognises the need for information held on behalf of an individual to be accurate and therefore will allow access to the individual for the purposes of updating information held, or will update on behalf of the individual when that information is made available.
6) How secure is your personal information?
Cathis regards the security of your personal information as a priority and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is securely stored.
Cathis protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
We remind you, however, that if you send information to our websites, the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
7) Dealing with Unsolicited Information
Cathis takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
8) Access to Personal Information
Cathis acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them, and to have inaccurate information corrected.
9) Anonymity when dealing with Cathis
Cathis allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, only where practicable.
10) Cross Boarder Disclosure
Any personal information provided to Cathis may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, Cathis may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal information.
Your personal information may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of Australia in countries including Cambodia, who work for Cathis, or by the representatives and employees of Cathis’ related companies.
Cathis will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (‘the Required Steps’).
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to Cathis, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
11) Sensitive Information
12) Further information
13) Contact Cathis
If you have any queries about this policy or would like further information about our privacy policies or practices, or would like to tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to contact you with information about products or services through any direct marketing methods such as an email newsletter, please contact:
Cathis Pty Ltd (ACN 165 751 468)
4 Stennett Rd, Ingleburn, NSW, 2565, AUSTRALIA